In order to create a domain or a subdomain in your DotNetPanel hosting account, you simply need to follow these steps. Once you have created the domain, you will then need to create a "Website" for the respective domain to store the files. The instructions are as follows:
- Login to DotNetPanel
- Click your Package (e.g. Privaet Starter) under Packages
- Click on "Domains" under the Hosting Space Menu on the left
- Click on the "Add Domain" button
- Select Domain, Subdomain, or Domain Pointer
- If Selecting Domain or Subdomain You will then a box to enter the domain name.
- Fill in the domain or subdomain name you wisht to add. Make sure to check the boxes for Create Web Site, Enabled DNS, Create Instant Alias
- Click "Add Domain"
- This will then add the Domain and setup a Website for it.
- If selecting Domain Poiinter then you will see a box for the domain
- Fill in the box for the domain
- Check the box next to Point to existing website and select the site from the drop down box.
- Check Enable DNS The click add Doamin. This will set the domain as a pointer to that site.
Your website has now been successfully created! You can now use an FTP account to upload files!